Missing 12-year-old girl found after public tipoff

KUALA LUMPUR: Twelve-year-old Siti Dhia Batrisyia Mohd Chairil Anuar has been found safe in Taman Sri Rampai after she was reported missing on Tuesday.

She was found walking alone near a shop lot area in Taman Sri Rampai at 2.28am yesterday.

Dang Wangi OCPD Asst Comm Noor Dellhan Yahaya said a police squad met with the Taman Sri Rampai neighbourhood watch to get further information after receiving a tipoff that she was spotted in the area.

“While they were there, the victim’s mother contacted the police to inform them that members of the public had found Siti Dhia Batrisyia wandering around (near a shop lot).

“We deployed personnel to the scene and discovered the girl was safe and unhurt,” he said when contacted.

While she seemed unhurt, ACP Noor Dellhan said the victim was sent to Hospital Kuala Lumpur for a checkup.

“She will be checked by medical officers… to ensure that the girl is completely alright,” he said.

Police have so far recorded the statements of eight people to assist with the investigation, he added.

“We will investigate further to complete the investigation soon,” ACP Noor Dellhan said.

The victim’s mother had lodged a missing persons report on March 14.

“We received information that she was last spotted at Jalan San Peng’s public housing area.

“We deployed a special squad to track down the child as soon as the report was lodged. We received several positive leads in the course of the investigation until the final information, where she was spotted in Taman Sri Rampai,” said ACP Noor Dellhan.

Meanwhile, her mother Syarifah Rosfazila Syed Muhammad Fazili, shared the comforting news in the latest update on her Facebook account at 6.45am yesterday.

“With all the prayers and help from everyone, my daughter Siti Dhia Batrisyia Mohd Chairil Anuar has been found safe. She was found walking alone at 2.28am,” she posted.

Syarifah Rosfazila also expressed her gratitude to everyone, including the Dang Wangi police personnel, for their efforts to locate her daughter.

“My daughter is finally with me, and we are now at the hospital for her to undergo a health check,” she said.

Previously, Siti Dhia’s mother believed that her daughter had left the house in Pudu, here due to a disagreement.

Syarifah Rosfazila said that the last time she was with her daughter was at about 4pm on Tuesday, at home.

In Johor Baru, Bernama reported that police are seeking help to locate a 16-year-old girl who was reported missing from her home in the Hospital Temenggong Seri Maharaja Tun Ibrahim quarters, Kulai, on March 5.

Kulai district police chief Supt Tan Seng Lee said the teenager, Nurul Aina Najwa Abdul Fattah, was last seen by her father and stepmother, who are in their 30s, at their home at around 12.30am on March 5, before being noticed missing at 6am.

A police report was lodged at 7pm the same day.

He said that the teenager was a student at a madrasah in Saleng, here, while her father was an ambulance driver and her stepmother a tuition teacher.

“Thus far, the police have recorded a statement from the teenager’s stepmother to help the investigation.

“Based on the information received, the teen has an issue of refusing to go to school,” he said in a statement yesterday.

He urged the public with any information to contact the Kulai police station at 07-663 2222 or investigating officer Inspector Teo Feng Shun at 018-377 4339.